Students are required to conduct a monitoring project during our one-week stay at the field station, including:
- Identifying major species of trees and animals
- Applying concepts of scientific study design in the field
- Conducting measurements on trees
- Surveys to count and identify types of birds, mammals, and insects
- Compiling data and conducting statistical analyses
- Writing a scientific report
Though students will be working independently on assignments, the group as a whole will work on the project design and implementation, sharing data and participating in workshops to assist with the assignments.